Saturday, December 20, 2014

Makeup Bag Essentials | Holiday Season

“holidayWith Christmas just around the corner I thought today I'd share with you my makeup bag essentials for the holidays! Of course I'd recommend to wear as many long-wearing products that you know and love so you don't have to worry about your look throughout the evening, but there are a few items that you could bring along for any needed touch-ups.

First off is a rollerball of your go-to fragrance. One of my favourites is Marc Jacobs Daisy. It's not the most wintery scent but I love this fragrance year-round. With all the dry winter air, a mini hand lotion is great to carry around to keep your hands from getting too dry! I currently like the Bath & Body Works Hand Cream in Vermont Sugar Maple - it smells like sugar cookies! I also like to keep a hand sanitizer on-hand if I'm out and about, and I really like this Bath & Body Works Winter Cranberry PocketBac

For complexion touch-ups I like to keep oil blotting sheets (I use the ELF Shine Eraser), and my concealer and face powder of choice (I use the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and Pressed Powder). These will help keep any shine or redness away throughout any holiday party!

The one thing you want to keep in-check all night long is your bold lip look (if you're one for bold lips). First, I'd suggest choose a long-wearing lip product like the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red. This product stays put on the lips and doesn't bleed or feather! It requires minimal to no touching up, but it's good to keep with you just in case! I also like to carry a lip balm if your lips need a little moisture! 

A couple of other small things that are good to have with you are a small hair brush for any hair fixes you may need, and of course a mirror (this Sephora mirror is fantastic!) if you are out and about and you or a friend needs one!

Of course not all of these items will apply to everyone out there, but I hope you may have found a few helpful things to keep your holiday makeup looking flawless!

1 comment:

  1. Now I just can't stop thinking about how good that hand cream smells.

    ReplyDelete