Thursday, December 18, 2014

Winter Beauty Essentials

“winter Winter is a time where everything seems to be lacking in moisture. Today I thought I'd share with you some products that help keep my skin, lips, hair, and nails moisturized throughout the winter months! 

First off is the Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. Not only does this product have an adorable name, but it does wonders for dry and cracked cuticles and nails. Whenever I do a polish change, or I feel my tips are in need of some moisture, I massage a little bit of this cuticle butter around each nail and it makes them so much softer. And like the name suggests, it smells deliciously of lemon!

Now, for the lips. As a frequent (almost daily) matte lip wearer, it is critical that I keep my lips moisturized and flake-free at all times. Two of the products that help me keep them that way are the ELF Lip Exfoliator and the Jack Black Moisture Therapy Lip Balm. I use the lip exfoliator every morning as part of my routine to get my lips soft and prepped for any lipstick to follow. I love that it's formed like a lipstick so it's super easy to use and not as messy as other lip exfoliators that come in a pot. At night time is when I like to apply my Jack Black lip balm. This balm is quite thick and intense, so it's not one you can wear under a lipstick. However, if you apply this at night before going to bed, you wake up with nice soft lips and I can sometimes still feel the balm on my lips in the morning!

For skincare I have 2 products that are fairly new to my routine but I've been loving both! First off is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. I've heard countless rave reviews for the First Aid Beauty products and I've finally picked up a couple to try! I've been using this as my daily moisturizer before I apply my makeup and it works wonderfully. It has a thicker consistency of my previous moisturizer, but it's much more moisturizing and makes my skin nice and soft and free of dry patches! This cream also works on the hands and body too which makes it the perfect multi-purpose product! The second product is something I mentioned in my November Favourites and that is the Julep Bare Face Cleansing Oil. Not only is this product great for removing all of your makeup, but since it's an oil it helps add moisture to your skin rather than strip it away.

Lastly I have two products by Marc Anthony to share. The first of which is the Marc Anthony Healing Macadamia Oil Body Butter. This body butter is so moisturizing and is a great step to take after showering or having a bath. I like to apply this to my arms and legs, focusing on any drier areas that need more moisture. It also smells amazing! The final product I have to share is the Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Treatment for hair. I apply 1-3 pumps of this to my ends to help keep my hair looking soft and smooth. This product also smells great and helps with frizzy dry ends!

What are some of your winter beauty essentials?

3 comments:

  1. Love your Winter Essentials such great picks! The Marc Anthony Healing Macadamia Oil Body Butter is a fave of mine!

    Serene xoxo

    http://www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the moroccan oil, it really helps to nourish the ends. xoxo

    www.withinjayslife.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete