Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Aqualillies for Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eye and Cheek Palette (Photos + Review)

I recently got the new Aqualillies for Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eye and Cheek palette ($46 CAD) from Sephora! I've had my eye on it for a while so I decided to grab it before it was no longer available, since it is limited edition! I've been dying to try Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blushes for forever since everyone in the beauty community raves about them so much, and this palette only cost $15 more than a blush on its own would cost, and the blush in this palette is the same size! So for an extra $15 I also got a bronzer, a highlight, and 6 eyeshadows (not to mention all in beautiful packaging)!

The palette came in a box that included a double-sided card showing two different makeup looks that can be created using the palette,

I can't get over how absolutely gorgeous the packaging of this palette is. It is mint green and coral (2 of my favourite colours ever) with gold throughout it, almost in a scale pattern! The palette is just bigger than the palm of my hand, about the size of a CD.

This palette includes: 
  • Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in Captivating (a matte, warm peach)
  • Amazonian Clay highlight powder in Champagne
  • Amazonian Clay Mineral Powder matte bronzer in Park Ave Princess
  • Amazonian Clay eyeshadows in the shades Hammock (deep, matte brown), Bikini (peachy gold with pink duochrome), Barefoot (nude shimmer), Parasol (light champagne shimmer), Sundeck (matte light brown), and Poolside (turquoise shimmer).

Swatches L to R: Hammock, Bikini, Barefoot, Parasol, Sundeck, Poolside

Swatches L to R: Captivating blush, Park Ave Princess bronzer, Champagne highlight

All of the eyeshadows in this palette are very soft and smooth and easy to work with. They blend beautifully to create a variety of looks. The cheek products are absolutely amazing as well. The blush and bronzer give the face subtle warmth and the highlight brightens up my complexion and makes my skin glow. This is such a perfect palette for the summer time - or year round! I haven't tested these products in water, as they claim to be waterproof, but they do wear fantastically throughout the day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's like the perfect summer palette. Totally wish I had the money to get one.

    ReplyDelete