Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Products I've Used Up (#1)

I've noticed a lot of beauty bloggers and YouTubers doing posts/videos showing products they've used up along with mini reviews of the products so I saved up some of my products I've used to make a post of my own! I have quite a few products to share today and hopefully this is something I'll continue to do every month or every other month!

The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel - $8.00
This is a shower gel I've had sitting around for quite a while, so I finally decided to actually try and use it up! It smells delicious and lathers quite well. I didn't find it particularly moisturizing (compared to the Olay body wash I use most often), but it didn't irritate my skin whatsoever. I also didn't find the scent to linger on my skin, it was basically gone when I was out of the shower.
Would I repurchase? This wasn't a bad product overall, but I don't see myself repurchasing this.

Quo 100% Acetone - $3.99
This is just a nail polish remover that I used up! My sister actually originally bought this for herself, but she very rarely paints her nails so I ended up being the one to use most of it up! It works great and very easily removes nail polish! I had nothing wrong with it!
Would I repurchase? Maybe. I really did enjoy this remover but I just bought a 946mL bottle of Beauty Secrets Acetone from Sally's that I'm enjoying so far, so I think it'll be a while before I need a new bottle!

Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes - under $20 for 150 wipes
I'm not sure on the exact price of these wipes, but they're a great deal. It comes with 4 packs of 30 wipes, and 2 packs of 15 wipes. These are so great at removing all my makeup and I couldn't go a day without them. I use one every night to remove my face and eye makeup and it gets it all off. The towelettes are soft and pre-moistened so they're so easy to use! I love these!
Would I repurchase? I already have and I will continue to buy them over and over again!

Marcelle Face Powder in Translucent - $14.50
This is the second one of these powders that I've gone through and it really is a fantastic loose setting powder. I usually apply this over my entire face with a large duo-fibre brush to set my foundation. This powder does not go on cakey at all and gives my face a nice matte finish without looking powdery.
Would I repurchase? Yes I would! I'm currently trying out Rimmel Stay Matte powder for something different but I have no doubt I'll eventually buy this again!

Revlon Colorstay Foundation in 110 Ivory - $13.99
I have gone through multiple bottles of this foundation and will continue to use it for as long as possible! It's such a great foundation that has incredible lasting power!
Would I repurchase? Absolutely!

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation in Ivory - $14.99
When this foundation first came out I knew I had to try it since I love the original Colorstay foundation so much. I did enjoy this foundation but I still prefer the original Colorstay. It still did have the fantastic coverage and lasting power that the liquid foundation has, but as far as application goes I prefer the liquid over whipped!
Would I repurchase? Probably not.

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 110 Ivory - $11.99
I really liked using this foundation! It was easy to work with and had good coverage, but also felt light on my skin. This would've been a great summer foundation but it doesn't have SPF! That was the only down side to this foundation though. Aside from that I really enjoyed it.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. Not until summer is over though.

Maybelline One by One Volum Express Mascara - $9.00
This is the second tube of this mascara that I've gone through and once again I thoroughly enjoyed it. This mascara is great at adding volume and length, while also separating your lashes and not clumping! I think it's my favourite Maybelline Volum Express mascara!
Would I repurchase? Yes, definitely!

Maybelline The Falsies Volum Express - $9.00
I've heard a lot of praise for this mascara in the blogger/YouTube community but I didn't really get what all the hype was about when I used this! I don't know if it was the wand or the formula or both, but I didn't love this mascara as much as other drugstore mascaras I've tried.
Would I repurchase? Probably not.

Rimmel London Natural Bronzer in 021 Sun Light - $8.99
This is a fantastic matte bronzer. It's great to use for contouring or just to bronze up your skin. It doesn't come off orange or muddy and adds nice subtle colour! It's overall a fantastic bronzer!
Would I repurchase? Sure!

Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner - $8.50
This is my holy grail liquid eyeliner. I've used this stuff for years and have used countless tubes of it up. It makes applying liquid eyeliner so easy, it's foolproof! It also lasts really well and doesn't smudge or flake off throughout the day. The only negative is that it isn't waterproof.
Would I repurchase? Yes, over and over.

Pantene Pro-V Moisture Renewal for Curly Hair Conditioner - $4.00
My mom accidentally bought this not realizing it's for curly hair, and being the only one in my family with natural curls she gave it to me! This conditioner was nice and moisturizing without being too heavy on my hair and I liked it overall!
Would I repurchase? Maybe.

L'Oreal Color Radiance Instant Miracle - $6.00
This product really is an instant miracle. I use this 1-2 times a week in place of conditioner and it really makes my hair soft and manageable! I really love it!
Would I repurchase? I already have!

1 comment:

  1. These posts are my favorite to read or watch on YouTube. I am saving my empty containers for a post in the future. They are always so interesting :)

    ReplyDelete