Thursday, February 13, 2014

REVIEW: Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Review Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Review Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Review
I've never really been an avid user of face primers, but when Maybelline released their new Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser and people were claiming it was a possible dupe for Benefit's Porefessional primer I knew I wanted to give it a try. I have never used Benefit's Porefessional but I have heard nothing but great things about it for years now, so when this primer from Maybelline was released and I was so excited that I could possibly get the same effect for a fraction of the price! 

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Review Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Review
I don't have the worst pores out there, but the ones around the sides of my nose do bother me a little bit, so that's where I focused most of the product. I also applied a little bit to the centre of my forehead and my chin. Above you'll see the difference between no primer and primer, and then with the primer, my foundation, and setting powder. Even with just the primer on my skin and nothing else you can see my pores have blurred slightly and their appearance has faded a little bit. With foundation and powder on, I wouldn't say my pores have been "erased" as the name claims, but the appearance of the larger pores has definitely been decreased and the skin there looks more smooth. The foundation I applied on top of Baby Skin is Revlon Colorstay and I applied it with a Sedona Lace Flat Top Buffer FB07 brush. I then applied Rimmel Stay Matte powder on top with a Real Techniques Blush Brush.

This primer applies completely clear and has a very smooth and light feel on the skin. Since this is a silicone-based primer it applies very smoothly to the skin. It instantly makes the skin feel softer and creates a nice, even base to apply foundation onto. This product can also be worn alone (simply for the blurred pores effect), or under foundation and other face products. Since I am a foundation girl I don't think I'll ever use this without foundation on top of it, but if you're someone who doesn't always wear foundation this could be a great purchase for you as well!

Overall I am very happy with this primer. It noticably decreased the appearance of pores on my face and created a smooth base for my foundation. For only $8 this purchase was definitely worth it and I will continue to use it on a daily basis!

Have you tried this primer? What foundation primer is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment