Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Julep Maven February 2014 Box

Julep Maven February 2014 Nail Polish Box
Julep Maven February 2014 Nail Polish Box

I received another Julep Maven box this month! If you're unfamiliar, Julep Maven is a subscription service for nail polish and other goodies from Julep! Each box costs only $19.99 and you typically get 2 nail polishes and one other item. You can purchase Julep nail polishes from Sephora, but they retail for $16/ea., so it's a much better deal to subscribe to the Maven boxes!

In this month's box I got three nail polishes and one of Julep's new products, an Eye Sheen Liquid Eyeshadow! The liquid eye shadow was the main reason I chose to get a maven box this month, rather than skip the month. It seemed like a unique and interesting product and I wanted to give it a try! Also, on top of the regular 2 polishes that came with my box, Julep added a free bonus polish to each box for Valentine's Day!

Julep Maven February 2014 Nail Polish Box Julep Maven February 2014 Nail Polish Box Julep Maven February 2014 Nail Polish Box
The three nail polishes that came in my box were Love, Kristen, and Judi. Love was the bonus polish that was added to everyone's box this month for free. It's a gold opalescent shimmer with small red glitters in it. Kristen is a deep sea teal with silver microshimmer. Judi is a deep violet creme. I'm excited to try these nail polishes out!
Julep Maven February 2014 Nail Polish Box Julep Maven February 2014 Nail Polish Box Julep Maven February 2014 Nail Polish Box
The last item that came in my Maven box was one of Julep's new Eye Sheen Liquid Eye Shadows! I chose the shade Dusty Taupe Shimmer. I would describe this more as a shimmery bronzey-brown, not so much taupe, but it's still a pretty shade. The texture of this eyeshadow was really strange. It felt almost like jello or pudding when I pressed my finger in it. The colour pay-off was really quite nice though and it'd be a great everyday shade! I have yet to try it out on my eyes, I've only swatched it here, but I'm excited to try it out!

What subscription boxes have you tried? Are there any others worth checking out?


No comments:

Post a Comment