Sunday, March 31, 2013

March Favourites

Once again it's time for my monthly favourites! This month is kind of a mixture of some new products I've been loving, and some older ones I've rediscovered!

Urban Decay Naked2 Palette (Suspect + Snakebite) // I love this palette. don't think I've gone more than a week without using this palette since I got it for my birthday back in October, but I often switch up the shadows I use in it! This month I've been wearing Suspect and Snakebite a lot! I'll put Suspect on the inner half of my lid, and Snakebite on the outer half and in my crease!

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 110 Ivory // I've been using Revlon Colorstay foundation for about a year now but I wanted to try this one out after seeing some great reviews of it! I really like how this foundation looks and feels on my skin. It doesn't have as much coverage as Colorstay, but for day-to-day wear it's great! I also do get a bit oily on my chin when wearing this foundation but I only have to blot once or twice throughout the day so it's not too bad. This will be a great foundation for the summer time because of how light it feels on my skin! I'd still love to try the Nearly Naked powder as well!

Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in Stoplight Red // I got this lipstick last month from Nonpariel Boutique online with a few other of the lipsticks from this line and I have been so impressed with them. I wore this lipstick out the other day and wore it into the night when I went out and it lasted so well. I did have to touch-up a little bit after eating, but that's expected when wearing lipsticks. I was wearing this for roughly 10 hours though and it didn't cause me any discomfort at all, it didn't feather out of my lip line (and I wasn't wearing lipliner under it), and it didn't dry out my lips since it is a matte formula! This might just be my new favourite red lipstick. I swatched it here if you'd like to see!

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Coral Queen // I got this lipstick this month and I love it so much. It's the perfect bright coral lipstick for spring and summer. The colour is buildable so you can wear a sheerer wash of colour if you prefer, but can layer it to be super bright. The formula is also really moisturizing and comfortable! You can see swatches of it here!

Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake // This is something I've had since last summer but just rediscovered this month! This colour is a light pink that is perfect if you just want a little bit of colour on your lips. This stayed in my school bag for most of the month and was perfect to have if I wanted something light and comfortable on my lips!

OPI You're Such A Budapest // I only got this nail polish about a week ago but I am already so in love with it. It's probably in my top 5 nail polishes I own now. It's the perfect pastel periwinkle and it will be on my nails a ton this spring and summer for sure. I swatched it in a NOTD post here!

Slatkin & Co. Caribbean Escape Candle // I bought this candle on Boxing Day and oh my goodness I am obsessed with it. I've been waiting for spring & summer to burn it since it's such a summery scent, and now that I've started burning it, I can't stop. It is the most delicious smell ever. The description of the scent on the Bath & Body Works website says "Dive into this blend of tropical melon, raspberry nectar, and lemon mellowed by creamy coconut milk and raw sugarcane for a fragrant and exotic escape." If you like sweet, fruity scents you need to get this. I only have the 4oz. candle but as soon as I make my way through this one I'll be going out to get the 3-wick version of it.

What were some of your favourite products this month? Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? Also, Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment