Saturday, March 2, 2013

February Favourites

Well, it's time for another monthly favourites post! I didn't get a whole lot of new makeup in February, but these are some things I've been loving!

L'Oreal Color Radiance Detangler // I picked this up at the flea market for $3 earlier this month when I ran out of my Tres Semme detangler, and I'm in love with it! After I shower and take my hair out of my towel, my hair is a tangly mess that is so hard to get a brush through. This spray is a miracle worker though, because it makes it so easy to brush through my hair! And it's supposed to protect hair colour as well which is fantastic!

Garnier Olia Hair Colour in 4.60 Dark Intense Auburn // I've been dying my hair since I was 15 or 16, and for the past couple of years I've only used box hair dye (usually L'Oreal Preference). When I was in WalMart sometime in January I spotted this new hair dye from Garnier and decided to try it out! It's ammonia free and uses a 60% oil blend so it seemed like it'd be much better for my hair since I dye it every month. Well I've used it two times now (mid-January and mid-February) and I am very happy with the results! I love the colour of it and my hair definitely feels softer and healthier after using it! I think it's safe to say this is my new go-to hair dye brand! It cost around $11 (CAD) at WalMart.

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub // I'm so glad I picked this up last month. It's been so useful during this winter weather! I often like to wear matte lipsticks so having this lip scrub has helped my lips stay super smooth! No more dry, cracked lips!! And it smells/tastes awesome.

Essence Cherry Blossom Girl Nail Polish in "It's Peach Not Cherry" // I only painted my nails once with this in February but I'm so in love with the colour. It's the perfect creamy pastel coral, and I'm sure this will be on my nails a lot this spring and summer. (Swatched here)

Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Polish in "I Need A Refresh-Mint" // This is another new polish in my collection that I love! This is such a beautiful pastel blueish-mint that I can't get enough of. It's one of my favourite colours (and matches my bedroom walls as you can see) and this is another polish I'm sure I'll wear a lot this spring! (Swatched here)

CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara // I tried this mascara out last month and it's wonderful! It gives my lashes lots of length, volume, and curl, all without any clumps! I have a more in-depth review of it here.

Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Color Icon Palette // I've had this palette since sometime last summer and really only used it for a couple of weeks before it got put away and forgotten about. But I took it out again this month and have been loving it! I really am super impressed with the quality of the shadows in this palette, they're all incredibly pigmented and gorgeous!


Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 101 // I got this lipstick sometime in January and really got a lot of use out of it last month! It's a matte light pink that's perfect for everyday wear. And it has a sweet fruity scent too! I accidentally forgot to include this in the photo of all the products above because it was in my purse (where it has been most of the month!)

What were some of your favourite products in February?


3 comments:

  1. Agreed on the Lush lip scrub! I got the bubblegum flavor too and after a few days of using it, I def. noticed the improvement. It's not super cold here in Vancouver but I still get chapped lips from time to time here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard really great things about the Bubblegum lip scrub... hmmmmm i might have to splurge and buy one!
    Follow me? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jenna <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that Kate Moss shade, and the Lush scrub is my favourite! Found you through the blog hop, I'd looveee you to check out my blog :)

    lastyearsheroxo.blogspot.co.uk xxxx

    ReplyDelete