Monday, March 2, 2015

The Neutral Nail

“nude Lately when painting my nails or browsing through nail polish displays in stores, I am the most drawn to neutral shades. There's something about a neutral manicure that is just really clean and classic looking. Don't get me wrong, I still love my bright nail polishes and fun nail art, but sometimes it's nice to just have a simple pretty neutral manicure. OPI makes some really great neutral shades including Don't Bossa Nova Me Around (a classic pink toned nude), My Vampire Is Buff (a clean ivory creme), and My Boyfriend Scales Walls (a white creme with a slight gray tint). Another polish that is quite different to everything else in my collection is The Body Shop Colour Crush Nail Polish in Meet Me At Dusk (a dusty peach rosey nude). Taupes are another great way of wearing neutral shades on the nails without going with a classic nude shade. Two of my favourites are Julep Margit (a light taupe with slight rose shimmer) and Essie Chinchilly (a purple-toned gray taupe creme).

Are you a fan of neutral nail polishes? What is your favourite colour to wear on your nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment