Friday, March 13, 2015

Products Worth Repurchasing | Makeup

“products There are some beauty products that I always end up repurchasing. I guess you could consider them "holy grail" products to me, but I just can't go without having them in my collection! A lot of them are complexion products, but there are a couple others in here too! Once I find something that works for me I often like to stick with it.

First is a recent repurchase, the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob. I only got this liner last November, but about a week ago I came to the end of it! I looked and realized this has much less product in it than a typical standard lip pencil which is why it was used up so fast. But this colour and formula both worked really well for me and I used it multiple times a week! Since it's a drugstore item and only a few dollars I really didn't mind having to repurchase it, and I'm glad to have it in my collection again!

The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser is quite a popular concealer in the beauty community, and for good reason. I used one of these up last year and went quite a few months without one. When I eventually did repurchase it again, I remembered why I love it so much! I definitely won't make the same mistake of waiting when I run out of this again. It has such a lightweight formula but has great coverage for undereye circles or any discolouration on the face. If you haven't tried it, I'd highly recommend it!

The Rimmel Stay Matte Powder has been my favourite setting powder since it came on the market. I've repurchased this time and time again! It's such a nice lightweight powder that mattifies the face without it looking too flat or feeling heavy. And since it is a drugstore product, it's only around $7!

My go-to foundation for the past year or so has been the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. It's a matte medium to full coverage foundation that also has an SPF. I love the formula, the staying powder, the coverage, the pump - everything about it really! This foundation also mixes great with other foundations such as the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation or Revlon Colorstay!

The next product is something I technically haven't repurchased yet, but I know the minute I run out of it I'll be going to buy another. It's the The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder in 01 Light Matte. I got this sometime last summer and has been a daily staple for me since then. Since I have such fair skin, a lot of bronzers tend to look too dark or orange on my skintone. This bronzer is the perfect shade, and also has such a smooth, blendable texture. If you're fair-skinned and struggle with finding a bronzer, you should definitely check this one out!

One product I just repurchased yesterday is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. My current one is running low so I thought I'd pick up a backup for when my current one stops working. This is another very popular product among the beauty community. It's a super black long-wearing liquid liner pen with a tapered pen-nib like brush applicator. I find application with this pen so easy and quick, and it stays without fading all day long!

Another product I have yet to repurchase but 100% will be is the NYX Control Freak clear brow gel. I've used a couple different eyebrow gels in the past but found them to be too wet and make my brows feel crunchy. This gel doesn't apply too much product to my brows and keeps them in place while still looking and feeling natural. I also appreciate that it has a white tube, because we all know how gross brow gel in a clear tube starts looking after a while.

This is a mascara I've been using for quite a few months now. It's the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara. I've used up 2 sample sizes of this over the past while, and I still have 1 more sample in my collection, but once that one is used up too I'll definitely be buying the full size! I've never bought a mascara that wasn't from the drugstore, though I've tried many sample size ones from Sephora. Of all the samples I've tried this one has worked the best for me and I love it! It makes my lashes nice and long and voluminous without looking clumpy or smudging at all.

What are some makeup products you always repurchase?
I think I'm going to do a post like this on my holy grail skincare and haircare products too! Let me know if that's something you'd like to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment