Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wet n Wild Megalast Lipsticks: Swatches + Review!

I got a few of these Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks recently after hearing so many amazing things about them. And they were only $1.99 each! I only got 3 this time but I'm sure I'll buy some more in the future because I love them already!

I got the colours Stoplight Red, Just Peachy, and Mauve Outta Here. These lipsticks are all matte, which I love. I wore Mauve Outta Here all day yesterday and I didn't find it to be too drying on my lips at all, and it barely needed to be touched up throughout the day (only after eating/drinking).

Stoplight Red is a blue-based red lipstick. I think this might even be my new favourite red lipstick, it's beautiful. I have also heard of it being compared to MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick!

Just Peachy is a really nice light pinky-peach lipstick. I think this colour will be great for everyday wear, and just overall a great nude lipstick! I like that it has a bit of pink to it so it doesn't 'erase' my lips too much.

Mauve Outta Here is a medium mauvey-pink shade. It's totally different from anything I own and that's why I got it! It's the most purple lipstick that I own and I really like it! It's pretty wearable too.

Overall I'm super impressed with these lipsticks. The only down side to them is their cheap packaging, but I can forgive them for that since there's such a fantastic product inside! I will definitely be purchasing more of these lipsticks in the future!

Pros:
• Low price
• Very pigmented
• Great colour selection
• Not too drying on the lips
• Good lasting power

Cons:
• Hard to find in Canadian stores
• Cheap packaging

Have you tried these Wet n Wild lipsticks? What were your thoughts on them, I'd love to know!

2 comments: