Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Essence Cherry Blossom Girl Lipstick Pencil in 01 Cherry Cherry Girl: Review + Swatches

I've been curious to try out Essence products for a while now and this week when I was at Shoppers Drug Mart I noticed a new display with a few Essence products in it! The display was for their new Cherry Blossom Girl line. The display was pretty much empty with only a shimmer powder, a few nail polishes, and two lip pencils left in it, so I got one of the lip pencils and a nail polish! I'll do a Nail of the Day post with the nail polish I got sometime soon!

I got a lipstick pencil in the colour 01 Cherry Cherry Girl. If I remember correctly it was around $2.50.

I really like how the packaging matches the colour of the lipstick. It's a gorgeous, bright orangey-coral with a matte finish. I've been curious to try out an orange lipstick too, so I was pretty excited to try this out!

When I swatched it, it glided onto my skin really smoothly and had fantastic colour payoff! I was really impressed with how pigmented this product was.

I exfoliated my lips and applied lip balm before applying the lipstick pencil. It went on my lips smoothly, but it was a bit tricky to get the colour even. It's also mildly irritating on the lips. I'm not sure what it is, but it almost makes my lips feel similar to the way a plumping lipgloss would. I could probably wear this for a couple hours at a time, but I don't see this being a product I'll wear for a full day.

Overall I really like the colour of this lipstick pencil and I'm glad I finally tried out something from Essence!

Pros:
• Price
• Pigmented
• Glides on smoothly

Cons:
• Tricky to get even application
• Mildly irritating on the lips

Have you tried any products from Essence? What are your thoughts on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment