Saturday, September 1, 2012

DIY: Studded Shorts


I've seen a lot of studded clothing lately and I love the look of it so I thought I'd stud a pair of my shorts! It's really easy and inexpensive to do yourself, so I'm going to show you how I made mine!

What you'll need:

  • a pair of shorts (I'm using a pair that I made from old jeans a few years ago)
  • studs (I took mine off of an old studded belt, but you can buy them for super cheap on eBay!)
  • a butter knife (optional, I only used this for the first few studs and then ended up using my thumb nail)


1. First figure out where you want to place your studs. I chose to stud the inside of one of the front pockets. Once you have that figured out, start studding! Starting in a corner, poke the spikes on the back of the stud through your shorts.

2. Using a butter knife, or your fingernail, press down the spikes inwards.

3. That's it! Just keep repeating this with the studs creating the shape/pattern you want! I started by doing the outline of the pocket first, and then filled in the inside.

It really is easy to do and I love the way mine turned out! You can use this technique to stud any items of clothing too. Have fun studding :)!


4 comments:

  1. I really love your blog, studded is so addictive !!! nice post.

    xo

    http://abullettothehead.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Looks awesome!!

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look amazing!youd never guess you'd made them yourself x

    ReplyDelete