Happy New Year everyone!! To kick off another year of blogging, today I bring you my top 14 beauty products of 2014! I kept it mostly to products that were new discoveries for me this year, and I have a lot of really fantastic products to share with you! A lot of my favourites from last year continued to be favourites this year so I didn't repeat any. You can check out my 2013 favourites here, and see what I was loving each month of 2014 here! Now, in no particular order, here are my top 14 products of 2014!
1. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette // This palette was a complete staple for me this year. I got it in April and since I got it I've used it at least a couple of times a week. It's my go-to palette for a gorgeous matte neutral look, and it's super quick and convenient if I'm in a hurry too! It also pairs really well with other shadows and palettes if you're in need of some matte neutral shades!
2. Lorac Pro Palette // This is a palette that I had heard constant raving about in the beauty community for such a long time, so when I travelled to the United States this summer I knew I had to pick it up! It's such a beautiful palette with amazingly pigmented matte and shimmer shadows. If you don't already own this palette I'd highly recommend it!
3. Jack Black Moisture Therapy Lip Balm // This lip balm has been my saviour this year. Whenever my lips are dry and in need of some serious moisture I apply this. It's seriously a miracle worker! My favourite time to apply this is before I go to bed, that way it works all night and I wake up with soft smooth lips! If you're a fan of matte lipsticks especially, this is something worth picking up.
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Soft Brown // I haven't been using this product for more than a couple of months, but in that short amount of time I have fallen in love with it. It's a fantastic creme product that applies really nicely to the brows and lasts all day long without any fading and smudging. It comes in a nice range of shades too for any hair colour! This is the first product I've tried from Anastasia after hearing so many great things about their product range and I'm really glad I did!
5. LUSH Grease Lightning Tea Tree Cleanser // This is my top skincare pick for the year. This is a tea tree oil-based spot treatment. It's one of the first products I tried from LUSH and it's so fantastic! It's super gentle on the skin but really is effective. Whenever I had any spots on my face this year, I applied this at night on any blemishes after cleansing my face and by the next day they were reduced in size or cleared up!
6. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle // This is another cult favourite beauty product that I finally got around to trying this year, and it is 100% worth the hype! This is such a gorgeous shimmery champagne highlight on the skin and I've used it almost daily since I got it for my birthday in October. I feel like this will be my go-to highlighting powder for a really long time, it's so beautiful!
7. The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder in 01 Light Matte // Hello, favourite bronzer I've ever used. This is a super soft, blendable powder bronzer that comes in some shades light enough for all the pale complexions out there! It's always been challenging for me to find a bronzer that isn't too deep or orange for my skintone, and this is the best I've ever found. It's light enough to where it looks natural on the skin, but it still does nicely bronze up my complexion as well!
8. MAC Cheeky Bugger Blush // I wanted to keep my 2014 favourites to permanent items, but I couldn't leave this limited edition launch out. This is the Cheeky Bugger blush from the MAC x Osbournes collection this year. It has been my go-to blush that works with every look! It's a light but slightly bright peachy-pink satin blush. It's so gorgeous and brightens up my complexion wonderfully!
9. ELF Lip Exfoliator // This has been almost a daily-used product for me this year. Before I apply lipstick, I always use this to scrub off any dry skin from my lips to give the lip products I use a nice, smooth base! This one is also not messy at all to use either and can be done super quick if you're in a hurry or on the go!
10. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper // This has been the year of testing liquid liners for me. I wear winged liner daily, so a great liquid liner is a must for me. I tried quite a few different liners throughout the past year but I think my favourite of them all has been the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. I've heard so many great things about this liner in the beauty community and they're all right! It has a super precise brush tip applicator and is also super black and really long-wearing. If you're looking for a new liner for the new year I'd definitely suggest checking this one out!
11. Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in Streak // This is another product I picked up on my trip to America this summer and it's such a great little palette! Inside you get a matte bronzer, matte blush, and a shimmer highlight. All 3 shades work really nicely together and work great for my pale skintone. It's a great product to grab and use if you're in a hurry or travelling somewhere! All 3 products in the palette are really nicely pigmented, and none of them are duds!
12. Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray // Yet another product I bought in America, this setting spray very quickly became a daily staple for me. I have quite oily skin throughout my T-zone and a spritz or two across my face each morning to set my makeup really did keep a lot of oil away! I've just run out of this travel-sized bottle and the full-size is quite pricey so I'm putting off repurchasing it for now, but I'm sure come spring I'll have splurged for a new one again because I don't think I can stay without it for too long!
13. MAC Rebel Lipstick // This is a lipstick I got at the end of last year but I didn't get a whole lot of use out of it then. I feel like this fall and winter I've given it the love it deserves! This is a gorgeous plum lipstick that can be applied more sheer for a berry lip, or built up to it's deep vampy potential (which is how I like to wear it). It really is a staple of the MAC lipstick range for myself and many others and definitely worth picking up!
14. Milani Colour Statement Lip Liner in All Natural // This fall and winter, deep brown-nude lips have been a huge trend. To hop on that bandwagon I picked up this Milani lip liner in All Natural. It's a browny-nude that pairs so beautifully with any nude lipstick shade! Whenever I've worn a nude lip lately I've been wearing this under it. The formula of this lip pencil is super creamy and not drying at all on the lips either!
Well, that wraps up my top 14 beauty products of 2014! I can't wait to see what beauty products come my way in the new year!