Thursday, February 27, 2014

MID-LIFE HAIR CRISIS | Help me pick a new hairstyle!

I am currently having a little bit of a mid-life crisis over my hair. The past couple of months I've just been itching to do something new with my hair. I've had basically the same haircut for the past like 6-8 years and I've just gotten completely bored with my hair at this point. I did go from blonde to brunette in 2008, and brunette to red in 2010. But now I've had basically the same hair cut and colour for 3-4 years and I really think it's time for a change. 

Here's a little overview of my hair from 2009 to how it is now. As you can tell I've had long hair with layers and long side bangs for about 5 years, and I've had this type of haircut since before these photos too (this is just how far back my Facebook profile pictures went). I think I'm ready for a change but honestly it also scares me too. I just desperately want something new. I complain so often of being bored with my hair. It's not that I don't like my hair how it is, I do, it's just time for an update!


I've even tried to do some new hairstyles in the past few weeks which I liked, but I'm pretty low-maintenance and lazy when it comes to my hair and I pretty much always just run a straightener through it and I'm done.


One idea I've had is to do a red-blonde ombre. That way I can still keep the red which I love, but it still freshens up the style a bit. I am a natural blonde too and it's been about 6 years since I've had any blonde in my hair so it'd be kind of fun to put some back in! Or I could even do a brunette-blonde ombre.


The other idea I've had is to do a more blunt mid-length cut. Right now I'm completely in love with Lily Collins' haircut (and her whole look in general), and I think I'd love a cut like this! It's still long enough to do different hairstyles with but it'd also be something totally new for me. I love how textured her hair is in the top left photo, I'd love to get a texturizing spray or something to be able to do something like that with it! It also looks good sleek and straight like the top right and the photo of Dakota Fanning, or wavy like the bottom right! It'd be pretty scary for me to cut a good amount of length off my hair but I don't think I'd regret it. It would always grow back again anyway!

Sorry this post was kind of all over the place. I just needed to sort my thoughts out and I'd love to get some more opinions on this! Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I loooove the red-blonde ombre! I can picture you rocking the colours. I recently just dip-dyed my hair blue, cut the shoulder lengths and got side bangs. Whenever I'm tired of my hair style, I just switch back to blunt bangs. I don't understand how so many people are afraid of straight bangs buuuut I loooove them, even after I gotten them for the first time out of whim. I think straight bangs looks great if you can muster up the courage to get it... and, it does require bang trimmings every few months or so >.<

    ReplyDelete