Friday, April 3, 2015

Julep Maven Box | April 2015

I got my Julep Maven box in the mail the other day so I thought I'd show you what I got inside of it! I used my Jules points to get this box, so it ended up being free for me too which is always nice! I actually forgot what I had selected for my box when I received it, so opening it was a little bit of a surprise for me! I got the April Classic With a Twist box. This box included 2 polishes and a clear brow gel, which is new to the Julep product range. And, as per usual, I also got some candy in the box with a little packet of Gobstoppers (nail polish, brow products, and candy? Julep knows the way to my heart)!

The two polishes I got in my box are stunning shades for the spring and summer. I got Jenna, a tangerine creme, and Connie, a bright magenta plum creme. Both of these shades are quite unique to my collection and I'm really excited to try them out! I think they'd both make gorgeous toe colours as well. When swatched, Jenna applied evenly and opaque in just 1 coat, but Connie required 3 coats for an opaque finish because it had a slightly more jelly texture.

In this collection, Julep had quite a few new brow products available. I ended up choosing a box with only the clear brow gel because I wasn't particularly interested in the other ones since I enjoy my Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade so much. I'm always down to try a clear brow gel though, because it's such a daily staple for me! The product I received was the Lock Down Your Brows Iconic Brow Gel. It comes in a silver tube (which is always good, so I don't see how gross it'll eventually look inside) with a really tiny wand for precision. The brow gels I've used in the past have all had standard mascara wand type applicators, so I'm excited to try this small one to see if it works better for me! It claims to tame your brows in a natural way and last all day long without crunchiness or flaking. It also claims to condition the brow hairs and prevent breakage, as well as encourage regrowth in sparse areas. I don't know if it'll live up to those claims, but even if it keeps my brows in place all day I'm sure I'll be pleased enough with it.

I really couldn't be more pleased with this box. Sometimes in Julep boxes there are one or two products that I'm not super interested in, but this box was a hit. I really can't wait to use all of these products, and the fact that it was free just makes it even sweeter!

(Because what's better than free nail polish?)

No comments:

Post a Comment