Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Christmas Tag


I was tagged by Rose to do the Christmas Tag she put together! She used questions from a bunch of different tags and put them all together to create this new one!

1. Do you like to stay in your PJ’s, or dress up for Christmas?
On Christmas Eve my entire dad's side of the family always gets together and I like to dress up nice for that, but on Christmas day I usually just stay home with my family so I'll stay in PJs or comfy lounge clothes!

2. Do you open your presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Any gifts I get on Christmas Eve from my extended family I'll open that day, but any presents from my parents/sister I'll open Christmas morning!

3. What’s your favorite Christmas meal or treat?
I don't get too into the whole Christmas dinner thing, since being a vegetarian and quite the picky eater it mostly consists of mashed potatoes, veggies, and bread. However, I love Christmas desserts and sweet treats! I love anything consisting of chocolate and peppermint especially!

4. What’s your favorite holiday movie (or specials)?
Every Christmas I watch The Polar Express with my family and it's such a great movie that holds a lot of good memories for me. I remember reading the picture book as a kid and I'm glad that I still get to experience that story every Christmas!

5. Have you ever made a snowman?
Growing up in Canada, I have made many a snowman. I haven't made one in probably about 10 years though! I'm not the biggest fan of snow anymore, it's too cold!

6. Show us an embarrassing Christmas Card photo!
My family has never done Christmas cards or Christmas photos!

7. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
Getting together with my extended family on Christmas eve! It's always so much fun.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake!

9. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
The past couple of years I've really gotten into finding the perfect gifts for my friends and family. Before that I never really had the budget to shop for many people, but I've really loved picking out gifts lately! But who doesn't love getting presents too?!

10. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I would love to visit New York City or London during the holidays! Those are my top 2 places I'd love to visit anyway, but something about Christmas time makes them seem like they'd be even more amazing!

11. Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make?
No, nothing that I can think of! I do enjoy doing some holiday baking and making sugar cookies though!

12. Most memorable Holiday moment?
I'm not sure! Growing up, every Christmas was always the "Best Christmas Ever!" according to my sister and I, so I've had a lot of great memories over the years.

13. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I think just as I got older I realized Santa's handwriting looked an awful lot like my mom's and I kind of just figured it out. I don't think I was too upset by it though.

14. Favorite Christmas songs?
Ooooh I love me some Christmas music! I love Baby It's Cold Outside from the Glee Christmas album, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, White Christmas, Merry Christmas Baby by Brighten, Ho Ho Hopefully by The Maine, and Yule Shoot Your Eye Out by Fall Out Boy to name a few!

15. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I've never been too committed to making New Years resolutions but the past couple of years instead of making resolutions I just write down a list of a few goals I've set for myself for the year. I make sure to make the goals something realistic, but I do put a couple of harder to accomplish things on there too just to see if I do them. I usually manage to do a few of them and it makes me feel like I've accomplished something!

16. What makes the Holidays special for you?
Spending time with family and friends. I just love everything about the holidays too from the music, to the lights, Christmas movies, and everything else! Christmas is always such a wonderful time of the year and I love it!

I tag Courtney, McKenna, Lindsay, and Maj to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment