Sunday, November 23, 2014

IMATS Toronto Haul!

IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 Yesterday I attended my very first IMATS in Toronto! I went with one of my best friends, Courtney (her blog is Cupcakes & Cateyes), and we had such a great day. I've been wanting to go to IMATS since I very first heard about it on YouTube years and years ago but I've never been able to attend (for various reasons) until this year. I'm so glad I got to go and I had an amazing time! We got there shortly after 9 and stayed until around 4. We got to meet Sam and Nic of Pixiwoo at their Real Techniques meetup and I also met Stacey Brennan who's a beauty YouTuber I've been watching for about 6 years now (see photos of both on my Instagram)!

The rest of this post is quite picture-heavy so I've put it under a cut, but click on to see and read about everything I bought!
IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 Nordic Collection opi mini set IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 opi coca cola red miss you-niverse don't bossa nova me aroundThe OPI Nordic collection set of minis has been on my nail polish wishlist since around September. For some reason I hadn't picked it up yet and I had it on my Christmas wishlist now, but I found it at IMATS for only $5.31 (it retails for $17)! Also, the full-size bottles of OPI were around $6/ea. or 6 polishes for $33. Courtney and I split on the 6 polish deal and each got 3! I got Don't Bossa Nova Me Around from the Brazil collection, Miss You-niverse from (you guessed it) the Miss Universe collection, and Coca Cola Red from the Coca Cola collection!

IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 zpalette z palette large leopard printI've been wanting to get a Z-Palette for a while now since I have some palettes I never use that I want to de-pot. I ended up finding this large Z-palette for $18 (they're $35 at Sephora) and I managed to get the last leopard print one too! I can't wait to de-pot some of my palettes and shadows and hopefully get some more use out of them!

IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 mufe make up for ever makeup forever hd foundation n 110This is my first ever product from Make Up For Ever. The MUFE booth was swarmed all day, so Courtney and I went around the end of the day and I managed to get my hands on the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in N110. This foundation is one of the most talked about foundations in the beauty community and I've heard so many great things about it over the years! This foundation usually retails for $49 at Sephora but they had it for $33 there! I can't wait to try it out!
 IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 the lip bar vesper lipstickOne booth Courtney and I were really excited to check out was The Lip Bar. Not only do they have amazing packaging, but they have really cool colourful lipsticks! I got the shade Vesper, which is a bright magenta! I didn't go too adventurous but I'm still working up to some more unique shades.

IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 occ obsessive compulsive cosmetics black dahlia cosmetic colour lip pencil test tube x 3 vainly violet rollergirl narcissusThere were some pretty good deals on Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics so I got a couple things from them. I got the OCC Test Tube x 3 in Vainly Violet which includes mini OCC Lip Tars in Narcissus and Rollergirl as well as the Lip Tar Primer! I have a few other mini lip tars and I'm excited to try these both on their own and mixed in combinations with my other ones! I also got the OCC Cosmetic Colour Pencil in Black Dahlia. I have the Black Dahlia lip tar and it's such an amazing colour I thought the pencil would be a good thing to get too! It'll work great under my deep vampy lipsticks as well!

IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 mac faux lipstick satinThere was a MAC Pro booth there and all products were 20% off! I got a lipstick I've had my eye on lately, MAC Faux lipstick. It's a satin finish nude-pink-brown. I've been wearing nude lips quite frequently lately and this shade looks stunning.
 IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 essie wickedAt the same booth as OPI, there were some Essie polishes for around $3.50 each! I got Essie Wicked and Sole Mate. I know, they're super similar, but I can never pass up dark red/plum polishes!

IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 makeup brushes mac 217 royal and lang nickel finishing fan bdellium tools 959 945 sigma f40 large angled contourThere were some good deals on brushes so I picked up a few! I got another MAC 217 since I have one and I've used it every single day since I got it over a year ago. It's such a staple for me so I'm glad to have another one! I got a Royal & Langnickel Finishing Fan BPBE-205 brush since I've been wanting a fan brush to apply my highlighter. I got the Bdellium Tools 959 Powder Blending and 945 Contour brushes. I think the 959 will be great for buffing foundation in and the contour brush is such a great precise size for contouring! Lastly, I got a Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour which I plan to use for blush or contouring.

IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 307 black lashes IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 flare short black individual lashes IMATS Toronto makeup beauty haul 2014 lashes #42 #15 #46 The final items I have to share with you are some lashes! At the same booth I got my Z-Palette, they were selling lashes for great prices. It was $10 for 7 pairs or $20 for 15 pairs! I ended up getting 7 pairs. I'm not that much of a lash person but it'll be good to have some on-hand whenever I feel like wearing lashes! I got 2 pairs of #307 lashes because I tend to prefer half-lashes since they're easier to apply and more subtle. I got 2 sets of the Flare Short Black individual lashes because I've been wanting to try individual lashes for a while and I feel like they're something I'd be more willing to wear on a more regular basis since they're not super dramatic if you only add a few! And then I got a few full band pairs of lashes and got the #15, #46, and #42 lashes!

Well, if you're still with me I hope you enjoyed the haul! Have you ever been to an IMATS? Any items here I bought that you also have or have been wanting? Let me know below!

Also, let me know if there's anything here you'd like to see a review or swatches of!

1 comment: